A recent Penn State study sought to measure how many things that people worried about actually happened. They found a whopping 91 percent of worries were false alarms. Of the remaining 9 percent of worries that did come true, the outcome was better than expected about a third of the time. God is in control, and His advice not to worry about tomorrow not only unburdens the soul, but is apparently scientifically sound.
Questions for further thought:
1. We’ve all found ourselves worrying about tomorrow at times. What circumstances tend to cause you to worry?
2. When you find that worry is weighing you down, how do you deal with it?
Challenge: Worry is a funny thing. It steals our time, money, thoughts, joy, and gets us nowhere! What if today each time a worry comes to your mind, you pray over it and move forward? Give it a try!
This devotional is written every week by Hillcrest members.
Receive this devotional in your inbox every Monday - Friday.